Rubble PC Timer for kids

Do your kids spend too much time on the computer?
What you need is a timer that will shutdown the PC after a set amount of time.

I have tried every PC timer I could find and my son was able to bypass every one of them, so I wrote my own, Rubble PC Timer.  My son has been unable to bypass my timer because the uninstall for Rubble PC Timer has been disabled and there are no running processes that they can end from the task manager.

In order to protect the application from being hacked by your child I limit how much information that I can publish on this page.  More details will be included with the software after the purchase.

The price for my software is only $5.00 and you may use it on as many PCs in your home as you want.
I can't give this out for free or give out trial copies because this would make it to easy for kids to figure out how to bypass it.

By default the software will shutdown the PC 2 hours after the child logs into the PC on weekdays, and 6 hours on Friday-Sunday.  You can change this in the config file.  There is a secret command that can be entered to cancel the timer.

In order to keep this simple and hard for them to bypass, there are limits to what we can do with it.
Once the timer starts, there is no changing the timeout, but putting the PC into "Sleep Mode" will pause the timer. (Shutting down the PC will end the timer for the day)
If they reboot, it will end their time for the day.  The timer gives you 90 seconds to enter the secret command to turn the timer off after a reboot.
This timer applies to everyone on the PC, so if you want to use the PC, you will need to turn the timer off.

Make sure you keep the installer hidden from the kids.  It would be best to install from a thumb drive and then stash that away.  You will need to run the program again from the installer in order to remove it (since the uninstall from the PC is disabled)

Updates are free for 5 years from the date of purchase.
Version: 1.0 - 6/22/2013
Email me for support: edwin.hammond@gmail.com






Comments

Popular Posts