Sharepoint 2003 Backup with SSL Enabled

I configured SSL for my Sharepoint 2003 site so that I could access it from the Internet.
Read more about that here

After I set that up I found that my Sharepoint 2003 backup script was failing.
Here is the error:
The server instance specified was not found. Please specify the server's address and port.

The example I got from Microsoft included this as the path: http://localhost and that does not seem to work once you add SSL.

This is the batch file I use to backup my Sharepoint site:

@echo off
echo +++++++++++++++++
echo Backup of all sites on the SharePoint 2003 Server echo Written by Ed Hammond
echo +++++++++++++++++
c: cd \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\60\BIN stsadm.exe -o backup -url http://localhost -filename D:\SharePoint_backup.dat -overwrite
echo Backup completed

Now just replace localhost with the IP address of your sharepoint server and you'll be set.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add your Office 2016 KMS Keys to your Volume Activation Server

Solving WinRM Host connection errors in SCVMM - System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2

Adding Windows 10 to your Server 2012 R2 KMS Server