Unattended Removal of the Oracle 8i Client

This week I'm working on the removal of the Oracle 8i Client, but found that something was locking core40.dll so that I could not delete the ORANT folder.
I went to www.systernals.com and got listdlls.exe to help track down what was locking that dll.
Turns out it was SMS 2003.
I repackaged the uninstall of the Oracle Client. This cleaned up the registry, but I had to do some work before I could delete the files from c:\ORANT.
After the package deleted all the reg keys I ran a batch file that used listdlls.exe to find the PID (process) that was holding core40.dll. Then I had SMS stop the service for CcmExec.exe and kill it's parent process svchost.exe. Then I was able to delete the ORANT folder.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Add your Office 2016 KMS Keys to your Volume Activation Server

Solving WinRM Host connection errors in SCVMM - System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2

Adding Windows 10 to your Server 2012 R2 KMS Server